What is landlord insurance?

Landlord insurance is similar to normal household insurance cover except it is specifically designed for buy to let properties.

Also known as buy to let insurance, it offers similar cover to home insurance, protecting the building against common risks such as flood, fire, storms and burst pipes. Alongside this, it also covers you for the risks you face as a landlord when letting your property, such as rehoming your tenants into temporary accommodation and property owners liability.

Providing tenants with a property to live in is a big responsibility. If you want to enjoy the peace of mind that your rental property is protected, then CIA Insurance can provide you with a great deal on the cover that you need.

What does landlord insurance cover?

You can tailor your landlord insurance policy, depending on what you’d like to be covered for. The more cover you include, the higher your policy premiums are likely to be. The different levels of cover you can choose from include:

  • Buildings only
  • Buildings & contents
  • Contents only (not including your tenant’s belongings)
  • Fixtures and fittings
  • Full accidental damage
  • Loss of rent
  • Alternative accommodation
  • Property owner’s liability
  • Unoccupied property cover
  • Legal protection
  • Malicious damage caused by tenants up to a maximum of £5,000
  • Theft by tenants up to a maximum of £5,000

Put simply, landlord insurance provides you with protection against the eventualities that you are at risk of as a landlord.

I'm a song witter, story teller and likes to blog
%d bloggers like this: